Monday, April 18, 2011

Running

The problem with an active lifestyle is that there are days when you don't know which pair of shoes to put on before you get out the door. I've been a cyclist for 5 years, an Ultimate Frisbee player for 7 years and a runner for..well, there's running when you chase a plastic disc right? Running for the sole purpose (of running), for 3 years - on and off. Playing Frisbee is not really a problem because practices are at night and games are on Sundays. Allotting training time for individual sports is the dilemma. Well, that's if you're competitively running and cycling (or both). I semi-retired from competition already so I'm doing these because I like (love) it .

Things got busy at work and I don't have the time to get on the saddle. Yes, I could still bike, but anything shorter than an hour doesn't sound fun for me. Solution: bring out the running shoes! I'm slowly getting my running groove back. It's the ideal way to stay in shape if you don't have that much time to work out. 15 minutes, 30 minutes is enough to get the endorphins I need for the day. I noticed that I get cranky and un-centered when I don't sweat.

Aside from staying in shape and keeping me sane, it's rule number one of Zombieland:


No comments:

Post a Comment